WHAT IS THE REGROUPEMENT DES ÉCO-QUARTIERS?
The Regroupement des Éco-quartiers (REQ) is a network strongly rooted in the entire territory of Montréal. The eco-quarters members of the REQ form the basis of many projects of sustainable development, citizen involvement and education related to the environment. Investing in projects ranging from composting, water conservation, urban agriculture and control of the emerald ash borer, eco-quartiers serve 90% of the population of Montréal. For more information visit www.eco-quartiers.org
The work involves raising the awareness of the population of Montréal on various environmental issues, including water management, waste management and urban forest management.
In close collaboration with the eco-quartier team, the patroller carries out various awareness-raising and environmental education activities, including door-to-door tours, kiosks in public places and activities in day camps. The patroller also participates in a variety of projects executed by the eco-quartier. The patrollers receive training on environmental education and awareness themes and techniques. Several patrol officers have free access to a BIXI during their term.
Starting date: June 3rd 2019
End of term: Between August 2nd and August 23 (depending on the work area)
$ 14 / hour
30-32 hours / week (with possibilities of work in the evening and on weekends)
• study in a field related to environment, political science, communications, socio-cultural animation, or in any field deemed relevant;
• be between the ages of 17 and 30 (INCLUSIVELY) at the time of employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or designated refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
• be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with the laws and regulations in force in Quebec;
• Bilingualism (French and English, or more).
• Work experience in a related field;
• Teamwork experience;
• Experience in animation (day camp, etc.);
• Interest in municipal policy;
• Volunteering experience;
• Involvement within community organizations;
• Be comfortable biking and owning a bike helmet.
The Regroupement des Éco-quartiers is committed to a policy of equal access to employment.
Application deadline for Green Patrol: May 8 2019
Send your resume with a letter of intent to email@example.com
In your letter of intent, list all work areas where you can work:
• City of Mount-Royal;
• Kirkland (Mandatory: driving license);
• Le Sud-Ouest;
You can also send your application directly to the eco-quartier. See here: http://www.eco-quartiers.org/list_of_ecoquartiers
It is important to meet the above requirements, as evidence will be required on your first day of work.