We are now searching for an Executive Director who is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization in partnership with the Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the organization and delivery of services;
- Fostering effective team work within the organization to insure that mission is fulfilled and goals are attained;
- Contributing to establish and maintain a long-term strategic plan complete with specific goals, objectives, performance targets and timeframes;
- Developing an annual operational plan which incorporates measurable goals and objectives to support the mission and the strategic direction of the organization;
- Ensuring and demonstrating that the organization meets the needs and expectations of its stakeholders;
- Responsible for the application of policies;
- Overseeing the advancement of the internal committees (Communications, Training, Working Relations, Team Building, AGM);
- Advocating on behalf of those who receive services.
This includes responsibility for human resources management for the entire organization:
- Providing leadership and support to the team;
- Determining staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery;
- Reviewing existing policies with the Working Relations Committee when necessary and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate;
- Establishing and maintaining a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations;
- Ensuring that all staff receives an orientation to the organization and appropriate training/support;
- Implementing a performance review for all staff.
Funding and Financial Planning
- Responsible for financial planning, and annual budget preparation for Board approval;
- Ensuring that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed;
- Securing adequate funding by writing funding proposals and case for support to increase the funds of the organization as well as to ensure proper spending;
- Working with the auditor to prepare annual audit
Board of Directors
- Ensuring that the Board is well informed (eg. policy changes, service trends, community needs, and potential liabilities) in order that it can exercise its governance responsibilities;
- Participating with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization;
- Preparing Board meetings;
- Working with the Board in the recruitment of potential Board members.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the organization;
- Communicating with stakeholders (members, staff, community, funders) to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization;
- Establishing partnerships and collaborative working relationships with community partners, funders, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization and pursue opportunities for collaboration and partnership;
- Supporting local community initiatives and events that are aligned with the Prev’s mission statement;
- Sitting on various external committees.
Education and Experience
- University degree in a related field;
- Experience and skills in human resource management, financial management, administration and program management, in a non-profit context.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Great relationship abilities and professional ethics;
- Fundraising and Grant writing abilities;
- Computer skills;
- Experience in Financial management software;
- Proficiency for spoken and written French and English is mandatory.
- Flexible schedule, but will sometimes work evenings and weekends;
- Salary range will be based on our wage policy;
- Some expenses paid (travel, cell phone);
- Group benefits.
Please send a letter of intent as well as a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 11th. Interviews will be held during the week of October 21 and the person chosen will begin the week of November 18.