Prevention CDN-NDG is working on a new project funded by the Government of Canada through its senior programs to prevent senior abuse and fraud. The approach of the project, The Path Less Taken, is a silent short film to ensure the utmost inclusivity of the diverse Montreal community. Within this short film, we aim to focus on scenes of psychological abuse, neglect, financial fraud and institutional abuse which tend to be less known or discussed.
Prevention CDN-NDG follows the principle of equal access to employment and strongly encourages people belonging to traditionally marginalized groups to apply.
The short film will combine segments of video and animation. We are looking for a disciplined and artistic person with a firm grasp on 2D animation techniques to create the animated section of the film (5-8 mins). This person will need to collaborate with the videographer to execute the client’s vision.
- Collaborating with the client and production team members to understand needs, review the script, design storyboards, and create and edit animations.
- Using software and other techniques to produce animations.
- Listening to feedback and altering animations to better suit client needs.
- Ensuring that the final product aligns with the needs of the client and is delivered on time without exceeding the budget.
- Presenting the final animated piece to the client for their approval.
- Using creativity and artistic techniques to tell a story or provide information in visual form.
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in computer animation, fine arts, graphic design, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and computer skills.
- Understanding of animation, storytelling, and character development techniques.
- Attention to detail, adaptability, and receptiveness to feedback and direction.
- Ability to work independently or with a team to develop animations and solve problems.
- Flexible schedule and work from home. May sometimes be asked to work evenings.
- Contract of $2000 to consult, produce and edit the animated portion of our short film.
- Final product must be completed by February 2021.
Please send a letter of intent, your CV and a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 11th. Interviews will be held during the week of December 14th and the person chosen will begin the week of December 21st.
*Please do not call, only selected candidates will be contacted*