SSchool Supplies: Every year, hundreds of books of used school supplies are thrown in the trash at the end of the school year. The NDG eco-neighborhood needs help to continue its school supply program.
The employee will be responsible for following up with NDG schools to ensure:
- They are aware of the program and have received a poster if they are interested;
- Boxes of school supplies are collected in schools and other organizations;
- Volunteers are invited to participate in a cleaning and sorting activity.
- follow up with families in need.
Water Conservation: The employee will organize workshops, kiosks, etc. with the goal of educating residents about the waste of water. He / she will be responsible for providing dynamic presentations that educate residents about the amount of water wasted at home. It will offer inexpensive suggestions that residents will be able to purchase (faucet aerator, rain barrel, etc.).
- Ensure reception at the Éco-quartier office with the team;
- Organize and participate in activities and / or mobilization events in the neighborhood;
- Participate, as required, in other Éco-quartier projects (door-to-door tours, kiosks, cleaning duties, etc.);
- Recruit volunteers;
- Work on communication tools such as leaflets, posters, e-journals;
- Promote the recovery and collection of food waste;
- Support other projects (kiosks, beautification, cleanliness, etc.) as needed.
- Training or work experience in a field related to the environment, nature, ecology, planning, education;
- Good knowledge of native plant species in the Montreal region;
- Knowledge and interest in urban issues;
- Experience of teamwork and animation;
- Interest in human sciences, involvement in community organizations or OBSL;
- Experienced cyclist and own a bicycle helmet;
- Access to a vehicle for the collection of school supplies.
Language requirement (s): French spoken. Spoken English.
Other requirement (s):
• Environmental sensitivity
• Interpersonal skills
• Autonomy, rigor
• Ability to work in a team
• Creativity, dynamism
• Training in environment, animation, intervention or customer service (an asset)
• At the fluent in French and English, knowledge of a third language an asset
• In good physical shape
• Self-management: working independently with a minimum of supervision.
- be between 17 and 30 years old (INCLUSIVE) when starting employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or designated as a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally authorized to work in Canada in accordance with the laws and regulations in force in the province or territory;
- study in a field related to the environment (biology, development, ecology, horticulture, geography …) or any other relevant field
Salary: $ 13.00 per hour at a rate of 30 hours per week
Tuesday to Saturday from 10h to 18h (including some evenings)
Send your request by email: Nicole Schiebel firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of intent and CV