With the help of the borough, residents will benefit from a $5000 investment to modify their laneway through planting bushes, vines, flower beds, etc.
In addition to reducing heat-islands and beautifying your area, the green laneway project will allow you to participate in your community and to explore your talents for managing, communicating and planting, etc!
A few benefits of green alleys :
An opportunity to work together with neighbors and to showcase your talents in project management, communications, horticulture, etc. The green alley project has many benefits, including:
- a reduction of heat-islands;
- beautification of the surroundings;
- a safer space for children;
- graffiti removal and prevention;
- increase in biodiversity;
- If you are a group of citizens interested in greening your alley, the Éco-quartier NDG can help you, or answer your questions.
For more information and to register for the program, click HERE.
Green alleys website (only in french) click HERE.
Facebook page, click HERE.
Green-alleys on a map, click HERE.
You can also watch a video (only in french) HERE.