With the help of the borough, residents will benefit from a $5000 investment to modify their laneway through planting bushes, vines, flower beds, etc.
In addition to reducing heat-islands and beautifying your area, the green laneway project will allow you to participate in your community and to explore your talents for managing, communicating and planting, etc!
A few benefits of green laneways :
An opportunity to work together with neighbors and to showcase your talents in project management, communications, horticulture, etc. The green alley project has many benefits, including:
- a reduction of heat-islands;
- beautification of the surroundings;
- a safer space for children;
- graffiti removal and prevention;
- increasein biodiversity;
- If you are a group of citizens interested in greening your alley, the Éco-quartier NDG can help you, or answer your questions.
For more information and to register for the program:
Green-alleys on a map :