POSITION: Environmental Awareness (Green) Patroler
The project involves raising citizen’s awareness about environmental issues, such as sustainable water management (water conservation and storm-water management), the importance of urban forest (emerald ash borer, tree canopy, urban heat island effect) and responsible waste management. The patrollers will take part in the Patrouille verte (June 1 to August 1). The patrols, associated with the éco-quartiers or another local organizations, will consist of full-time CEGEP or University students in a field related to environmental sciences.
6-8 weeks (June 1 to August 20, 2016)
$13.00 per hour, for 32 hours a week.
Inform and raise residents’ awareness on best environmental practices, including waste management (green waste collection, organic waste collection), storm-water management (downspout disconnection, rainwater harvesting), and protection and conservation of the urban forest (tree planting activities, emerald ash borer). Work consists of different activities such as foot and bike patrols, information booths, door-to-door visits, activities in day camps, and other events. Patrollers receive a complete formation on the aforementioned subjects and participate in field activities to acquire complementary knowledge on these topics.
- must be between 17 AND 30 YEARS OLD (INCLUSIVELY) at the start of employment;
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada according to relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations;
- be enrolled in studies related to the environment (biology, land use, ecology, horticulture, geography…) or any other related field.
- Employment experience related to environment, nature, ecology, urbanism, horticulture;
- Member of an Aboriginal community or a visible minority, or handicapped student;
- Work experience in teams, experience in group animation;
- Demonstrated interest in social sciences, community organizations or not-for-profit organizations;
- Experienced cyclist.
How to apply:
Send your Curriculum Vitae with a letter of introduction, indicate that you are between 17 and 30 years old, that you are registered as a full-time student and that you wish to return to full-time studies.
Send your application via email: