The Food Waste Collectionadmin
Food waste collection
The food waste collection program is available for all houses, duplexes, triplexes and apartments with 8 units or fewer. However, apartments and condos with more than 8 units, schools as well as institutions, if possible, can call the Éco-quartier NDG to have special permission to be included.
- If you just moved in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce and don’t have a brown food waste bin, please call us at 514 486 2727 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org before visiting us to make sure we have bins in sotck.
- If your brown bin is broken, please call us at 514 486 2727 and send us an email at email@example.com with a photo of your bin to know if we can fix it or if we have to replace it. If your bin can be fixed, we will send someone for free to your house to change the broken parts.
- If your brown bin is missing, please first make sure that your bin has not been placed somewhere else in your street. In that case please make sure your address is clearly visible on your bin.
If you can’t find it, please call us at 514 486 2727 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org before visiting us to make sure we have bins in stock.
- Learn more about what to place in your countertop bin HERE.
See the city of Montreal’s flyers below or website for more information:
- Composting for a greener city (Page 1) HERE
- Composting for a greener city (Page 2) HERE
- Learn how to use newspaper to make a liner for your foods scrap container here, or watch the video here.