Whether it’s to learn something new, make a new friend or to satisfy school requirements, there are lots of volunteering opportunities at the Eco-quartier NDG.
To sign-up, contact our volunteer coordinator at benevoles.econdg [@] gmail.com or call (514) 486-2727
- Data-entry takes place during the day, during regular office hours (10am-6pm, Tuesday through Friday), but the volunteer is free to make his/her own schedule.
- We have lots of data to enter on the computer for a range of activities. If you like working in an office environment, this is the opportunity for you! Please contact us to find out our needs and to establish a schedule.
- Translation volunteers to help translate documents related to our mission whether it is information on recycling, composting, or other ecological initiatives, into different languages to better reach the citizens of the neighbourhood.
- Specifically, we are currently looking for volunteer to help translate English articles to French for our blog and Facebook page. Please contact us if you can help.
- Poster and flyer distribution
- A 2-hour activity periodically
- We are looking for volunteers to hang our posters and distribute our flyers on community billboards. It is a great way to volunteer on a flexible schedule!
Volunteering in Groups and Outdoors:
- Recycling promotion in apartments:
- Most Thursday evenings from 6-8pm
- To increase the quality and quantity of recyclables, the Éco-quartier NDG is seeking volunteers to help us promote recycling in apartment buildings. We go door-to-door offering information and answering questions about recycling. Residents are always so appreciative when they receive this information, as recycling can sometimes be confusing. We would love to have you join us!
- Door-to-door promotion of the new food waste collection
- Afternoon and Evening Shifts from February to mid-April 2017
- We are currently looking for volunteers to promote the new food waste collection starting in the NDG district. This represents an excellent way to meet residents of the neighbourhood and inform them about the importance of the composting.
- Compost / Brown Bin Delivery
- The Eco-Quartier NDG is looking motivated and energetic individuals who are available during the month of April 2017 to help us deliver the bins to residents of the Loyola district. We will have the trucks drop off the bins at the end of the streets and we’ll be delivering one to each address on the street. All help is greatly appreciated!
- Group volunteering is also welcome! Pass along the message.
- Community Compost site maintenance and sifting of compost
- Throughout the year, we need a few volunteers to help us maintain our two community compost sites. You can help make sure the site is clean, the locks are in working order and inform us of the levels of compost at the site.
- During the warm months, May to November, we need volunteers to help us turn and aerate the compost weekly.
- In addition, during the months of May and September we hold sifting activities to empty the composters and fill bags of compost to give away.
- It’s an excellent way to learn about domestic, outdoor composting.
- Intergenerational Gardening:
- More info available soon. Starting May 2017